The Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that will make you (finally) feel like you’re living in the 21st century (even though you STILL don’t have a jet-pack, robot maid, or flying car…. get back to work scienticians! I want my jet-pack!).
This 2nd generation home-automation device is much more affordable than many other solutions; yet, offers a ton of features. It utilizes Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and a lot more—instantly.
The Amazon Echo Dot is really just an Amazon Echo without the big speaker. So, you save $130 by connecting your own speakers (or headset) via a 3.5mm connector or Bluetooth. Pretty good deal, huh?
The voice commands with the Amazon Echo Dot are actually pretty good. It can easily hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. On top of that, multiple Dots can work together, so put one in each room. If you have more than one Amazon Echo or Amazon Echo Dot, only the closest one responds.
If you don't already have speakers, you might want to look the the original Amazon Echo. It's still pretty awesome.
I’m really just scratching the surface of what these devices can do. So, if you truly want to start living in the 21st century, click the Get Your Stuff! button to see more.
Amazon Echo Dot: Product Details
- Size: 1.3″ x 3.3″ x 3.3″ (32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm)
- Weight: 5.7 oz. (163 grams)
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: A2DP support for audio streaming from your phone/tablet or from Echo Dot to your existing Bluetooth speaker(s).
- In the Box: Echo Dot, power adapter, Micro-USB cable, and Quick Start Guide.
- Audio Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers.
- Warranty and Service 90-day limited warranty and service included. Optional extended warranties available.