If you only found out that the chicken in the fridge has gone bad after a night of explosive diarrhea and vomiting, the FOODsniffer is just what you need. Oh, and some mouthwash. Definitely some mouthwash.
Anyway, the FOODsniffer is an “electronic nose” that you can use to test different types of meat for freshness. Just download the associated app to your phone and hold the device near a piece of meat you want to eat. After you select the type of meat to test (beef, pork, chicken, fish) the app will tell you one of the following:
- It’s safe to eat (maybe even raw).
- The meat isn’t spoiled but needs some heat before you eat.
- It’s rotten and eating it would be a surefire ticket to losing about 10 pounds through your ass overnight and a trip to the emergency room.
Food poisoning jokes aside. It would be perfect for restaurant owners. Also for people who forget about things in the back of the fridge. It can also help reduce food waste and help you avoid being one of the 200,00 people (in the US anyway) who get food poisoning daily.
So, if you like to eat meat, and you want to be safe when doing it, this is the perfect gadget for you.
FOODSniffer: Product Details
- Dimensions: 1.8 x 3.2 x 8 inches.
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds.
- Comes in multiple colors (black, white, green, purple).
- Works for up to 12 hours on a charge.