Parrot is a company that has been around for a while. Usually, they make drones, but they just released the Parrot Pot which is a Smart Flower Pot and, if you like to grow plants around the house, it’s friggin awesome!
So, even if the plastic tree in the corner of your living room looks like it’s dead, this gadget can pretty much totally automate a “green thumb”. It comes with a whole battery of high-tech sensors and a database of 8,000 different plants and what they need. With this database (and your smartphone) your Smart Flower Pot will tell you what your plant needs and when it needs it.
It can even use its built-in big-assed reservoir of water to automatically to tend to any potted plant for up to a month. No more coming home from a trip to find the corpse of a plant shedding leaves all over the living room.
Basically, even if you’re the type that can kill a plastic cactus in a week, this pot will make you into a plant expert in no time.
Parrot Pot – Smart Flower Pot: Product Details
- Soil moisture sensor (measurement range: 0 to 50%)
- Fertilizer level sensor
- Light sensor: 0 to 1000 μmol m-2. s-1
- Air temperature sensor: 0°C to +55°C
- Rain and water resistant (IPX5 rating)
- Diameter x height: 20.5 cm x 31.2 cm
- 1.5 kg (incl. batteries)
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 55°C
- Material: ABS, PP, rubber
- LED status indicator (red, green)
- Built-in water tank: 2.2 liters
- Soil volume: 2.4 liters
- Batteries: 4 AA
CONNECTIVITY & APPS
- Connection via Bluetooth® Smart/Bluetooth V4.0 BLE
- Free Parrot Flower Power app
- Application programming interface (API)