It’s called the Improved Backpack of Holding because, unlike the original which was just a messenger bag with extra straps, it was actually built from scratch as a backpack. As such, it has some really cool features the original didn’t. The first thing you’ll notice is that it’s an inch or two bigger all directions than your typical book bag. And, as anybody who understands geometry can tell you, an inch or two in each direction makes a world of difference in terms of volume.
In fact, this backpack is huge. at 18 x 16 x 7 inches and, because the flap can isn’t just a flap. It’s actually part of the bag, which means you can unfold it to get another half a foot of height out of the bag. And it’s entirely usable in that format. It just doesn’t seal, which means it’s great for toting your rolled-up posters, your sword, a dragon’s horde, or your 10 foot pole (which every good adventurer always has).
The two side pockets and 4 interior are handy for storing and organizing smaller items. The integrated, padded sleeve will keep your valuable laptop nice and secure (even when fighting that dragon for her horde). The Brown canvas exterior is rugged and features a silver chrome d20 badge. It even has “Backpack of Holding” proudly printed on the flap so you don’t have to blow an Identify spell before using it.
It goes without saying that this is perfect for your D&D book, dice, and DM screen. Oh, just don’t put a Dice Bag of Holding in it. bad things happen when you put an extra-dimensional space inside another extra-dimensional space.
Backpack of Holding: Product Details
- External Dimensions: 18″ tall x 16″ wide x 7″ deep (24″ tall with top of bag unfolded).
- Main compartment: 17 1/2″ tall x 11″ wide x 5″ deep.
- Padded tablet sleeve with Velcro closure (inside main compartment): 12″ tall x 10 1/2″ wide x 1″ deep.
- Four internal pockets to hold pens, phone, etc.
- 1 zippered front compartment: 9″ wide x 6 1/2″ tall x 1 1/2″ deep.
- 2 zippered side pockets: 4 1/2″ wide x 7 3/4″ high x 1 1/2″ deep.
- 2 3/4″ wide shoulder straps adjust from 19″ to 36″ for comfort.
- Care Instructions: Spot clean with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- Chrome d20 badge with “Backpack of Holding” proudly printed on the flap
- Top handle for easy grab-and-go.
- Water-resistant but not waterproof.
- Made by the finest dwarven labor. No elven or gnomish sweatshops were used.