This Fire Breathing Dragon RC Plane not only looks and flies like a dragon, as the name implies, it can also spit fire!!!
This jet-powered radio controlled dragon soars through the air at up to 70 mph (113 kph) and belches propane-powered flame when on the ground. Featuring glowing red LED eyes, this green dragon (4 legs = dragon) can spit fireballs up to 3′ via the flamethrower built into its mouth. The mouth even opens and closes depending on whether or not the flamethrower is active. I also imagine the closed mouth is a bit more aerodynamic.
When flying, the head swivels in the direction of turns for added realism. In flight, the dragon can climb and dive via wing ailerons and elevators built into its V-tail rudder.
The aerodynamic outer shell is constructed from a Nomex core sandwiched between two layers of epoxy glass. The internal structure is made from high-grade plywood. This makes the aircraft fairly lightweight for optimal flight performance.
For landing, taxing, and chasing people around with the flamethrower, the four clawed feet each house a 3″ diameter rubber wheel for braking and steering.
I think this is pretty awesome but, with a $6,000.00 price tag. I doubt I’ll be flying one anytime soon.
Fire Breathing Dragon RC Plane: Product Details
- Dimensions: 9 feet x 9 feet x 20 inches (2.7 m x 2.7 m x 51 cm).
- Weight: 40 lbs (18.1 kg).
- Engine: Jet-turbine
- Flame thrower: Propane fueled.
- Radio Frequency: 2.4 GHz.
- Flight Duration: 10 minutes (1/2 gallon of fuel).
- Construction: Nomex. epoxy glass, plywood, and awesomeness!!!
- Break out the Wind Lances, men, we’re under dragon attack!!!