The Lifecard .22LR is a Folding .22 Caliber Pocket Pistol and is about the size of a credit card when folded.
This super-compact pocket pistol is chambered for .22LR and features a break-barrel, single shot design. The handle has a compartment which can hold 4 extra rounds. It has a steel barrel and anodized aluminum frame and trigger.
Unlike a lot of super compact, small caliber pistols, this one actually has a handle that’s big enough to use at 3.375 inches when unfolded. I think it would make a great bug-out-bag addition but, I’m not so sure about EDC unless there is no other option.
I say this because, despite the cool and innovative design, it has a few fatal flaws as a self-defense tool.
- It would take a few extra seconds you might not have to deploy.
- The .22 LR round is probably a bit weak.
- The single-shot design makes a follow-up shot impossible.
Funny enough, I don’t find the lack of sights to be a problem as it would only be used in very-close quarters. Same goes for the lack of a trigger guard as it is only exposed when the weapon is deployed.
Now, if I had no other option, it would still be better than nothing but, frankly, at the range this would be effective a good knife might be even more effective. Both for intimidation and, if required, lethality.
All in all, I’d love to have one to shoot but, it would be more of a novelty than anything else.
Folding .22 Caliber Pocket Pistol: Product Details
- Dimensions (Folded): 3.375 x 2.125 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: under 7 oz.
- Single action, single shot .22 LR pocket pistol.
- It folds up to about the size of a credit card.
- It’s about the smallest pocket pistol you’ll ever find.