Sure, just about any bag can protect your books or laptop from the occasional bumps or wayward drizzle. But how would it fare if someone came at you with a sword or dagger? Not very well, right? That’s why you need this Knight’s Chain Mail Satchel.
The Knight’s Chain Mail Satchel is like most messenger bags (large pocket, small pocket, pen holders, etc.) with one small addition – it wears a suit of chainmail!
Aluminum chain mail covers the front flap of this faux leather bag which features a shoulder strap, carry handle, and magnetic closures on the outside. The faux leather is really polyurethane so it’s remarkably tough and maintenance free. The shoulder strap can be adjusted between 19 and 23 inches of drop for your carrying comfort.
Inside the bag, there’s a 13 1/2″ x 10″ x 3 1/4″ main pocket and a zippered pocket that’s 7″ wide x 6″ tall. Under the front flap there are 2 open pockets (one is 5″ x 4 1/2″ and the other is 6″ high x 5″ wide) and 3 pen holders to make sure the bag can hold all of your stuff.
It’s perfect to protect your laptop from random ninja attacks as you can never see them coming. Well, at least not the good ones.
It’s also great for your D&D books if you have an over zealous DM that likes to be a bit “too realistic” when forcing you to make dexterity checks.
Please be aware that I was unable to get a volunteer to hold the bag long enough to test it against the long sword I picked up at the Renaissance Fair. Therefore, I can’t guarantee it will actually protect you in such a scenario. So, you probably shouldn’t take a sword/dagger/kitchen knife to this product. However, if you do, and you really shouldn’t, please send a link to the video in the comments.
Knight’s Chain Mail Satchel: Product Details
- Exterior Dimensions: 14″ wide x 11″ tall x 4″ deep at base.
- Weight: 2 3/4 lbs.
- Materials: 100% polyurethane (exclusive of decoration), 100% polyester lining.
- Care Instructions: Surface clean only.
- Messenger-style flap secures with 2 magnetic snaps and offers a top handle for easy grab-and-go.
- Shoulder strap adjusts from a 19″ to a 23″ drop.
- Remember, chain mail is great for slashing damage but horrible for blunt weapon damage. Do not take a hammer to the bag under any circumstances.