This Electronic Ocarina of Time from the Legend of Zelda game franchise is not only a pretty good prop replica, it’s also actually playable in one of two modes. Better yet, you don’t have to blow into it. Since it’s electronic, all you have to do is press the buttons.
“Classic Mode” unlocks a hidden song when you play the corresponding 6 button tune. Pretty much like in the game. The songs you can unlock are Zelda’s Lullaby, Epona’s Song, Saria’s Song, the Song of Time, Sun’s Song, and the Song of Storms.
The Electronic Ocarina of Time comes with an illustrated song book to make unlocking the songs easier than trying to do it from memory. Although, I’ll bet you probably could, couldn’t you?
The “Free-Play Mode” lets you play whatever combination you like. Sure you’re limited to 8 notes and they sound a little tinny but, it will really get you in the mood to replay Ocarina of Time (as if you really have to force yourself to replay it).
It also comes with a display stand so you can display it while you’re busy playing one of your Zelda games.
Sounds awesome, right? Well, there is a bit of bad news. At the moment, this item is pre-order only. Units are expected to ship in October.
If only there was some item you could use to manipulate and travel through time so you didn’t have to wait…. I dunno… maybe some type of musical instrument?
(via Think Geek)
Electronic Ocarina of Time: Product Details
- Dimensions: 7 x 4.75 x 2.25 inches (5 1/2″ tall on the stand).
- Weight: 6 oz. (without stand because you’re going to be PLAYING it, not looking at it).
- Batteries: 3 AAA (included)
- Two modes:
- Classic Mode – Play the corresponding 6 button tune to unlock a hidden song or try again.
- Free-Play Mode – Create melodies without constraints!
- Illustrated song book indicates the six note cues to make the ocarina play Zelda’s Lullaby, Epona’s Song, Saria’s Song, Song of Time, Sun’s Song, and Song of Storms
- Use the buttons to play 8 different notes and adjust the pitch up and down at will.
- Includes a stand for display.