This Magnetic Folding Grappling Hook will finally let you live out your fantasies of being Batman! Well, minus the billions of dollars, intelligence, batmobile, batcave, and martial arts mastery, anyway.
OK, seriously, this folding grappling hook is pretty sweet. It’s what’s called a “gravity hook”. This type of grappling hook is designed more for item retrieval than climbing buildings. Basically, due to it’s design, it will act as a gripping claw and can be used to grab items as small as a coin.
It’s great for hunters in tree stands who either dropped something or forgot something at the base of the tree. It’s also great for boaters who lost something overboard or just to keep in your car in case of an emergency.
It comes with the main hook, some thick rubber bands, and the “bat gear tie” which not only functions as part of the hook but is a stand-alone magnetic retrieval device capable of holding up to 15kg (35lbs) via a strong magnet. On top of that, the bat gear tie can also be used as a emergency connect for joining two pieces of rope.
The whole thing is made from SUS304 Stainless steel and can support up to 250kg (550 lbs). Despite that, I wouldn’t recommend using this hook for vertical climbing until you have tested it yourself and are satisfied with it’s strength and reliability. Even then, you’re doing so at your own risk.
The hook comes does not come with rope, in case you’re wondering. However, as a super compact emergency tool, it’s a great addition to your hiking or bug out bag.
Magnetic Folding Grappling Hook
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.5 x 5.2 inches when assembled as a grappling hook.
- Weight: 0.80 lbs.
- Material: SUS304 Stainless steel.
- Can hold weight up to 250kg (experimental data).
- Bat Gear Tie – Permanent magnet can hold up 15kg (experimental data).
- Package Includes: Grappling hook, Magnetic Bat Gear Tie device, 2 rubber bands.
- For outdoor activities, outdoors survival training, outdoor adventures. Can be used for disaster relief. Climbing tree, anchoring, fishing, rescue vehicle traction, grapple falling objects, etc.