If you like to hike or camp but, you don’t want to be without your cellphone or tablet while spending a week in the woods then these Portable Solar Panels are for you. If you scoff at the idea of bringing along your tablet/cell phone on a camping trip, I’d like to offer up 2 examples of why it’s a good idea:
- Do you have young kids? Well, after about 2 days you will want to strangle them to get them to SHUT THE F@CK UP FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES!!! If you act on your instincts and then claim your kids were eaten by a bear in the woods, people will ask questions.
- When, on your trip, you might accidentally use the wrong leaf to wipe after relieving yourself in the dark. Now what? Panic. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to check Wikipedia just make sure it wasn’t Poison Sumac? Starting to itch and burn yet? I’m sure it’s fine.
This highly portable, weather resistant (not water proof, don’t take it diving) Solar Panels offer multi-layer panels capable of charging two USB devices at a time. The panel can supply up to 2.4 Amps to a single port (or 3 Amps total) which is more than enough to charge your phone or tablet. The four steel eyelets are perfect for lashing the panel to a backpack or tent.
All you need is a nice, sunny day and a little time…. and one of these Portable Solar Panels of course. So, don’t forget to get one before your next trip.
You know what? Just go ahead and get it now. You know how you are, if you wait you’ll forget.
Portable Solar Panels: Product Details
- Size: 11.1 x 6.3x 1.1 inches folded – 26.4 x 11.1 x 0.2 inches opened
- Weight: 14.7 Oz.
- Ports: 2 USB
- Output: 5V, 3A total (or up to 2.4A per port)
- Efficiency: 21 watt SunPower solar array is 21.5-23.5% efficient.
- Durability: Industrial-strength PET polymer faced solar panels sewn into a rugged polyester canvas offer weather-resistant outdoor durability.
- What’s in the Box: Anker PowerPort Solar (21W 2-Port USB Solar Charger), 3ft Micro USB cable, welcome guide, 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.