This R/C TIE Fighter is every geeks dream!!
When Darth Vader bothers to join a space dogfight in his TIE Fighter, you just know shit has gotten real and someone is about to blasted out of the sky!!!
It’s modeled after the ship that Darth Vader flew in the Battle of Yavin during the final battle of the original Star Wars (A New Hope) movie. It’s a pretty accurate model for what it is.
It uses an internal ducted-fan design so there’s no exposed propellers. This and the fact that it’s made from crash-resistant material makes it a pretty forgiving little plane. I didn’t mean to but, I tested its crash resistance over and over again. It still flies.
It flies well, and lasts about 7(ish) minutes on a single charge, which is more time than the X-1 is ever seen on screen.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s not (and will never be) a high-end drone or R/C plane but, if you want to channel a bit of the Dark Side, it works just fine.
Get one for yourself or your favorite geek today.
RC Tie Fighter: Product Details
- Dimensions: ~8″ tail to tip x ~9.7″ wing to wing x ~3.9″ tall.
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise.
- Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced x1 Starfighter.
- Ducted fan propeller and rudder control for real, gravity-defying flying action.
- 2.4Ghz communication provides precise, high-performance remote control.
- Up to 250 ft. range.
- TIE fighter recharges via the remote control.
- Includes: Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced x1 Starfighter, remote control, and instructions.
- Batteries: 6 AA batteries (not included).