Now, you might be wondering why a Smart Garage Door Controller is a good idea. To answer that, let me tell you a story: you are about 3 hours into a 4 hour road-trip to see the in-laws when your spouse turns to you and says, “hey, did you remember to close the garage door?”
Now, without a Smart Garage Door Controller, you have three choices:
- Continue your trip and, if you left it open, hope some of the crap you have stacked to the ceiling falls over and crushes an intruder. You know, almost guaranteed lawsuit aside.
- Call a neighbor, if you can get hold of one you trust, to check your garage door and hope that NONE of the crap falls over and crushes them when they go inside to close it.
- Turn around and drive the 3 hours back home only to find that you did close it after all. That’s not going to make the extra 4 hours in the car awkward, at all is it?
But, if you have a Garadget’s Smart Garage Door Controller, you’ll have a 4th option. Simply use your phone to check the status of the door and, if necessary, close it over the internet. This little device attaches to most garage door openers and not only allows you to control the door, it will also monitor the position of the door and even send alerts. For example, you can set it to text you if the garage door has been open for more than 20 minutes or, if it’s open after a preset time. Pretty cool, huh?
For less than $90, frankly, I figure everyone should have one of these. Even if you don’t make a lot of 4-hour road-trips, I’m sure you’ve occasionally left the door open overnight or all day while you were at work, right?
I thought so. Click Get Your Stuff to never have that problem again.
Smart Garage Door Controller: Product Details
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 2 x 1.4 inches; 7 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Receive alerts when you forget to close your garage door.
- Laser sensor allows easy installation and requires no maintenance.
- Works with most existing garage door openers.
- Can integrate with home automation systems, wearables and DIY projects etc.