SPUD 24 Inch Pop-Up Monitor
The Spontaneous Pop Up Display (S.P.U.D.) is a Pop-Up Monitor that you can take practically anywhere. While it looks like the love-child from a forbidden romance between an umbrella and a projector (because it is), it is a working 24″ battery-powered monitor.
You can easily connect your laptop, tablet, or phone to this 720p resolution screen so you can stream videos or work more effectively when on the go. All you need is an HDMI cable that works with your device. There’s also a USB power out so you could power your device or a wireless HDMI connector. How cool would that be? A wireless, pop-up screen for your phone.
It even offers a pair of stereo speakers for sound to make streaming a movie even better. The screen has two brightness modes and the The battery can last for up to 10 hours on the low setting. It will last for up to 4 hours on the high setting. In case you’re wondering; no, it won’t work in direct sunlight but, if you find a bit of shade or go inside, it works great.
At just 2 pounds (.9kg) it operates pretty much exactly like an umbrella. Just pop it up and plug in to use it. When you’re done, just collapse it down to about the size of a book. Folks, it doesn’t get much more portable than that.
Oh, if you combine it with an Atari Flashback Portable Game Player or a Gamevice for your iPhone or iPad, you have yourself a pretty cool portable gaming rig. I know that would be the first thing I would try with it, anyway.
So, if you’re a road warrior, student, gamer, or just like to have a big screen anywhere you go, take a look at the SPUD.
Spud Pop-Up Monitor: Product Details
- Dimensions (Open) 21 x 11 x 14 inches (53 x 28 x 36 cm).
- Dimensions (Collapsed): 5.6 x 2.2 x 7.5 inches (17 x 5.5 x 19 cm).
- Weight: Less than 2 lbs (0.9 kg).
- Screen: 24 inch (61 cm).
- Screen Aspect Ratio: 16:9.
- Native Resolution: 720p (DLP).
- Refresh Rate: 120 Hz.
- Brightness (low): 350 nits (for normal/soft lighting use).
- Brightness (Hi): 785 nits (for bright office use).
- Battery Life 4 hours (at max brightness) and 10 hours (at min brightness).
- Connection: HDMI.
- Audio: Built-in stereo speakers.
- It’s even tripod mountable as it’s fitted with 1/4-20 UNC threads.