Imagine this; a few years ago, some people were sitting around a table at a bar and one of them says, probably in Latvian, “we can make a Vacuum Tube USB Drive from the old junk in the garage. Who knows, maybe people will think it’s cool?”
At some point, most of us have had a conversation much like this where we’re sitting around a table, usually with beer (or, in this case, probably vodka) involved, musing about how to make our fortunes. The difference is, these people actually went through with it when they sobered up.
Well, I assume they sobered up. Maybe not?
Anyway, the result are these really cool Vacuum Tube USB Drives made from old Soviet-era vacuum tubes. Containing a high-quality SAN Drive USB flash drive and a LED, these are the coolest and most retro USB drives you’ve ever seen.
They range from 8GB to 128 GB and come in a multitude of styles and colors. There’s even a couple of extender cables with very Steampunk-ish wooden boxes, and display stands.
Like I said, these are some of the coolest USB drives you’ll ever see. So, click on the Get Your Stuff button and take a look at the different options. You’ll find one (hell, probably more than one) you’ll really want.
Steampunk Vacuum Tube USB Drive: Product Details
- Dimensions: 0.79 x 2.36 x 0.79 in (classic vacuum tube models).
- Weight: 1.8 oz. (classic vacuum tube models).
- Compatibility : WinXP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Android, Smart TV…
- Hardware Connectivity: USB, USB 2.0, USB 1.1, USB 3.0.
- All models use San Disk USB flash drives so you know they’re good.
- The radio vacuum tubes were made in the USSR in 1981, Comrade.
- Made in Latvia(EU). Shipping to the US usually takes 10-15 business days.