The Touchjet Pond Projector and Smart Touchscreen is a projector with a built-in Android OS that can wirelessly project an 80″ screen onto a wall but, that’s not what makes it cool. What makes it cool are the two included pens that let you turn the surface you’re projecting on into an interactive touch screen.
The Touchjet Pond can be used to play Android-based games, view photos, watch YouTube videos, stream movies, and even show business presentations. In short, it lets you do anything you’d typically do on an Android tablet.
If you want, you can also use it as a traditional projector for your laptop/tablet/phone via the mini HDMI port. It’s not super bright at just 80 lumens but, it works well in a dark room or at night. Because of the lower brightness, you can run the Pond for as long as 120 minutes on it’s internal battery.
It also comes with a remote control that can be used as a gesture mouse. Use it when you’re too lazy to get up and touch the wall.
The best use I’ve seen for it is as a “smart table”. Just mount it overhead and project it down onto the tabletop. The touch capability makes it perfect for kitchens or workshops. Just imagine being able to pull up and annotate recipes on your kitchen island.
Pretty cool, right? I’ll bet you’ve already thought of an awesome use for it, haven’t you?
Touchjet Pond Projector and Smart Touchscreen: Product Details
- Product Dimensions: 1.1 x 4.5 x 3.9 inches.
- Weight: 9.4 ounces.
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds.
- Computer Compatibility: Android/Apple iOS/Mac/Windows
- Connectivity: Wifi / Bluetooth / micro USB / mini HDMI / 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Brightness: 80 Lumens
- Lamp Life: 20,000 hrs
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
- Display Type: WVGA 0.3″ DLP
- Maximum Viewable Screen Size: 80 inches
- Native Resolution: 854×480
- Portable: Yes, 120 minutes battery life on a full charge
- In the Box: Touchjet Pond Projector, Carrying Case, Interactive Stylus (2), Airmouse, Power Supply, HDMI to Mini HDMI Adaptor, Micro USB Cable, AAA Batteries (6), and User Manual.