If you’ve always wanted a flamethrower but the price and bulk of the X15 was just a little too much for you, take a look at the compact, and (somewhat) less expensive, XM42 Flamethrower!!
This compact flamethrower is self contained and handheld for ease…… wait, what? What do you mean you can’t think of why you would need a flamethrower?
My good person, I can’t imagine a scenario where you wouldn’t need a flamethrower. For example, if you live in cold climates, it’s great for clearing snow from the driveway. If you live in warm climates, it’s great for killing all kinds of “nopes” such as spiders, scorpions, snakes, and ironically enough, Fire Ants. Some fire departments use them for fire fighting (that’s where “fight fire with fire” comes from). And finally, some gardeners even use them to kill weeds.
There are many other examples but, for the sake of brevity, I think that’s enough. OK, not that we’ve settled the fact that you do, indeed, need a flamethrower, let’s get back the the features of the XM42 Flamethrower….
As I was saying, this compact flamethrower is handheld and does not require the use of a backpack to hold the fuel. It uses two commonly available fuel sources (gasoline/diesel for the main flame and butane for the pilot light) so, keeping this puppy gassed up won’t break the bank.
At a svelte, 10.4 pounds (4.7 kg) it’s light enough to use for extended periods of time without tiring yourself out. It’s available in multiple color options such as Chrome Plated, Stealth Charcoal, and Cherry Red so you’ll be able to find one to fit your style.
Oh, and don’t worry about people telling you you can’t have one, after all, you’ll have a flamethrower, what are they really gonna do about it?
XM42 Flamethrower: Product Details
- Dimensions: 29.5 x 10 x 14.5 inches ( 75 x 25.5 x 35.5 cm).
- Weight: 10.4 lbs (4.7 kg) fully loaded and 7.4 lbs ( 3.35 kg) empty.
- Materials: Aluminum & Stainless Steel.
- Range: About 25 feet (7.5 m).
- Recommended Fuel: Gasoline/Diesel mix.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 liters. That’s good for about 30 seconds.
- Ignition: Push button piezo start (like your grill).
- Check your local laws before ordering. Funny enough, the US seems to be quite lax on the ownership of flamethrowers (except in CA & MD).
- Hans, get ze flammenwerfer!!!